Long time skateboarder? Never tried one before? Well, I guess you’re one of them, even if you have or haven’t ridden a normal skateboard before you may wonder if it’s hard to ride an electric skateboard for the first time, it’s cool, it doesn’t require any effort from you in order to make it go plus it makes you look cool in front of your friends.
I get it some people may feel a bit envious about people riding an electric skateboard because they have ridden a normal one their whole life or because they can’t afford one of these famous Boosted Boards.
Anyway, in this article, I’m going to discuss whether it’s hard or not to ride an electric skateboard.
How hard is it to ride an electric skateboard
Riding an electric skateboard shouldn’t be difficult even if you have no prior skateboarding experience, someone on Reddit mentioned that he took about a week to learn how to ride his e skateboard, he kept riding his skateboard for 30 minutes each day for 7 days.
This is not an absolute answer, of course, the situation varies from one person to another depending on many factors.
Electric skateboards riding tips for beginners
Follow these tips for better riding experience.
- Ask someone to help you at the beginning until you can ride it on your own without falling down.
- Don’t speed up right away, ride at low speed first until you feel confident and more skillful.
- Avoid unpaved roads so you don’t fall and hurt yourself. (Try paved sidewalks first)
- Put on the required protective gear like helmets and pads for your safety.
Advantages and disadvantages of having an electric skateboard
OK, everything seems fine so far but as you can tell life isn’t full of pink roses and rainbows, let’s discuss the pros and cons of having an electric skateboard.
- Environment-friendly personal transportation device.
- No need to use your legs to push yourself forward.
- You can use it for commuting to work.
- You can go uphill easily without pushing yourself.
- You can go fast up to 30 MPH.
- Heavier than a normal skateboard
OK, now you know, it’s up to you whether an electric skateboard is a good fit for you or not, thanks for stopping by and visiting my modest blog Boosted Planet which covers everything related to future personal transportation devices.